£18,000.00 - £23,000.00 / annum
17th October 2019
Customer Service / Help Desk
A Service Desk Technician provides single point of contact for users ensuring these are logged and dealt with, managing the lifecycle, providing updates to the users as to the progress and action on all Incidents and Service Requests. The Service Desk Technician will provide Level 1 triage, allocating Incidents that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk to second or third line support resources.
This role would be ideal for someone with excellent customer service skills and someone comfortable dealing with people face to face an over the phone. For people with the right attitude and those with an eagerness to learn full on the job training will be provided.
- Act as a main point of contact for all internal users reporting or highlighting issues with systems or equipment, installs of basic applications and scripts
- Accountable in managing all Incidents and Service Requests to concurrence with the end-user, department, or location
- Monitoring of all users SLAs, and internal OLAs for both Incidents and Service Requests
- Coordinate and support global IT Production support groups to implement and support all Events and Incidents
- Own and manage all user escalations and all SLA/OLA breeches through the appropriate channels
- Ensure all the organisations procedures are followed and fully adopted
- Overall ownership and accountability of Incident tickets throughout its lifecycle
- Ability to triage across all platforms within Micro Focus infrastructure which includes; Networks, Telephony, Data Centre, Applications and Desktop Support
- Initial First Call Resolution (FCR) to Routine Incidents - e.g. password resets
- Re-route incidents as necessary to the correct resolving agent first time providing supporting diagnosis / triage data
- Manage all incidents within Micro Focus process and tools by updating each assigned incident in accordance with the user SLAs and internal operational OLAs
- Escalate incidents according to documented standards when SLAs/OLAs is in breech or user(s) request an escalation
Qualifications & Experience
- ITIL Foundation Certificate - Advantage
- Operational experience / understanding across:
- Knowledge of the end-to-end ITIL framework
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- Ability to identify problems and work to resolution as required
- Ability to work in operational crisis situations
- Good understanding of Windows OS
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to work on own initiative, with a high degree of autonomy
- Self-motivated and self-monitoring, continuously evaluating own work processes
Salary from £18,000 to £23,000 depending on experience
Training and support to grow into the role.
For more details on this role please click the link below for further details.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888