£24,000.00 - £26,000.00 / annum
8th November 2019
Our client, a global gaming company based in Newbury, are looking for an established Desktop Support Specialist to join their European head office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with around 2 years support experience to join an exciting company with future opportunities for progression.
The Desktop Support Specialist will:
- Field incoming help requests from end users in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required).
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Provide off hours support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows 7/10 and Mac OS X
- Extensive application support experience of Office 2013/365 -
- Networked printer experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening
As the sole Desktop Support Specialist you will be a highly self motivated individual with the ability to present ideas in a user friendly language. You will find it easy to absorb and retain information whilst being passionate about providing excellent customer service.
A global gaming company who are the market leader in their field.
Salary and benefits:
The salary on offer is up to £26,000 plus benefits and annual salary reviews.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888