IT Security Auditor
Location : Newcastle upon Tyne
Post Date : 06 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 468467
Line of Business : IT
IT Security Auditor
To be locally responsible for implementing, monitoring and championing security measures on a specific client accounts plus other internal and client driven standards and regulations. . To ensure milestone deadlines are met for closing all Corrective Action Plans and provide key metrics through monthly reporting.
- Audit business processes against the company and client Security policies, processes and procedures to evaluate the effectiveness of the Risk Treatment Programme and Risk Assessment Methodology.
- Identify and evaluate Security risks, and co-ordinate the relevant personnel within the business to apply risk treatments
- To communicate awareness to all levels of the organisation in a proactive and relevant manor
- Maintain knowledge and training
- Identify areas to be audited and type of audit required
- Review policies prior to audits
- Interview employees
- Interrogate systems for evidence and accuracy
- Collect evidence on current practices and results
- Analyse findings and identify risks and non-compliances
- Feedback on findings to relevant management via a clear and constructive written report with recommendations where they can be made.
- Production and management of action plans, ensuring responsibilities and deadlines for actions are assigned
- Track and report on progress of actions
- Align security standards with internal and external authorised partners to ensure global consistency
Desired skills and experience:
- Current and significant IT technical/security experience of an Apple IT infrastructure environment
- Security qualifications such as CompTIA Security +, or SANS GIAC Security Essentials.
- Good understanding of current IT technologies;
- Good analytical skills and good knowledge of Apple office suite tools;
- Experience of audit and risk management
- Proven capability of working remotely from main team and able to organize own work by setting realistic goals and working in a systematic way;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across all teams and levels.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to organize other resources effectively and establish and communicate priorities;
- Proven attention to detail and natural tenacity
- One or more years in an information security position such as security administrator/auditor
- Knowledge of global Information Security Standards i.e. ISO27001, PCI DSS, NIST , COPC
In return you will be offered a salary of £30,000. Based from Gateshead, Newcastle
Please contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology for more information.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead