£24,000.00 - £30,000.00 / annum
19th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
As payroll officer/manager you become a pivotal member of the senior management team within the practice. The client is seeking to bring all payroll in-house for the first time. This opportunity will have the flexibility to work from home or 3 days a week in the office, with an early finish on Fridays.
You will be solely responsible for managing the day-to-day payroll and auto-enrolment function. The client has identified this as a key service offering and are keen on recruiting a dynamic individual to manage this service.
Main responsibilities of a payroll manager:
Support clients on all aspects of their payroll needs including:
- Implementing an in-house payroll system
- Running weekly and monthly payrolls
- Developing new payroll process to improve the efficiency of the service
- Liaising with both the client and the client managers to ensure a streamlined and uniform service offering
- Ensuring that all regulatory & compliance requirements are met
- Ensuring a positive and friendly service is offered at all times
- Building on existing and helping to secure new payroll clients
Duties will also include
- Supporting and mentoring junior members of staff
- Working alongside senior managers to support the day-to-day business operations
- Attending networking and business functions to promote the practice and payroll function
Skills & Background
- Candidates must have previous experience working in payroll.
- Ideally have implemented a payroll system
- Strong communication skills
- End to end payroll experience
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Auto enrolment knowledge
Salary £24,000- £30,000 + Work from home.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
gb 02920 557 300