GBP30000 - 30000 / annum
8th May 2019
Robert Half is recruiting for a Software Developer within an innovative and rapidly-growing organisation, based in Newport.
The Role / We are looking for a Software Developer to:
- Develop software to meet user needs
- Follow best practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines
- Write clean, secure and well-tested code
- Coach and mentor more junior colleagues
- Operate the services they build and identify issues in production
- Take responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of small scale to large, complex or mission critical programs
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services
- Implement toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- Build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment
- Take responsibility for own training and development, keeping skills up to date and learning new skills
- Identify and manage problems, incidents, risks and issues
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with your wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Coach or mentor junior/trainee colleagues
- Support assessment of the Public Digital Services we produce by adhering to, demonstrating and documenting compliance with GDS (Government Digital Services) standards.
- Proactively apply HMG IA technical security controls according to ISO 27001 & the Security Policy Framework (SPF).
- Java (SE and EE)
- Web Services, SOAP, REST
- IBM Websphere, Apache Tomcat
- Unit Testing
- GIT, Maven
- SQL Server 2012+
- Development tools such as Postman, Soap UI & Fiddler
Salary & Benefits:
The Software Developer is paying £30,000 plus excellent benefits including free car parking, an on-site gymnasium, shop, restaurant, coffee shop, cash point and hairdressers.
Please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology for more information.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400