£24,000.00 - £28,000.00 / annum
18th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are working in partnership with an expanding manufacturing business based in Northampton to recruit an assistant accountant to join a hardworking team within the accounts function.
Based at the head office in Northampton, the successful assistant accountant will report directly into the finance manager and will form a pivotal part of the team, ensuring an efficient and functioning finance department.
Particular duties for the assistant accountant will include -
- Raising Credit Notes for customers for Discounts, Pricing Diffs, Over-riders, Vouchers and Misc items on a timely basis or as per agreements with customers
- Performing bank reconciliations for all accounts on a timely basis and resolving any discrepancies
- Performing Purchase Order reconciliations and resolving any discrepancies within the reports
- Performing BACS payment runs for purchase ledger
- Raising month end credit notes based on agreed discount rates
- Performing accounts for subsidiary companies, including full reporting and audit work
- Prepare intrastat reports for sales and purchase within a specified time limits
- Assisting in producing reports for the Board as and when required
- Provide support for other finance staff in improving departmental efficiency and inter-departmental relations
This role will suit an individual that has all-round experience within an accounting function who possesses the ability to communicate well within a team, with stakeholders and with customers.
The successful assistant accountant will benefit from working for a family run business that is growing rapidly within its specific area of the manufacturing business.
Salary & Benefits
The assistant accountant will earn between £24,000 and £28,000 plus a study support package and company benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420