£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
22nd July 2019
Accounting and Finance
The permanent division of Robert Half - Finance & Accounting is pleased to be partnering with a growing retailer with the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner. The brand is world renowned, well established and has an excellent reputation for developing talent.
Finance Business Partner / Northampton / £35,000 - £40,000 plus bonus.
Due to continued growth they are seeking a commercially minded Finance Business Partner to support some of the most important, and commercial, parts of the business.
- Monitor its dedicated commercial teams' performance and variance against the agreed plan, providing detailed trend analysis and exception reporting
- Drive cost controllership, bringing deep understanding of cost drivers to monitor & optimise Commercial spend effectiveness
- Support Commercial in all financial aspects of initiatives and projects using established financial evaluation tools (e.g. investment evaluation) and utilising specialist support where appropriate
- Apply the Decision Support Framework, to support Commercial areas including: Business Performance Insights, Category Financial Management, Activation & Execution Financial Management, Profitable Revenue Management, Capital Investment Management, Working Capital management
- Identify capability improvement opportunities and proposes initiatives to drive advancement on the capability in Commercial Organisation
- Work with the Commercial Finance Manager and Commercial Managers to deliver the planning, budgeting & forecasting processes
- Provide Commercial teams with strong financial support through the planning process e.g. situation analysis, budget, strategic plans
- Provide analysis and evaluation of the plan, budget & forecast related to its specific area of focus, ensuring the most profitable allocation of resources through financial insights & constructive challenge
- Evaluate investment choices from a financial perspective to provide a long-term perspective of the impact on profitability
- Challenge and support the development of the financial assumptions that underpin the budget and strategic plan
- Ensure that the budget owners understand and adopt the right methodology, tools and templates (includes training), developing functional-specific planning, budgeting & forecasting tools and templates if required
- Studying toward a professional qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
- Strong communication skills - able to push back, add value and support stakeholders with ongoing projects
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Able to work within tight deadlines
- Results orientated, with a desire to succeed
Based in Northampton, the organisation is well-respected, an employer of choice and at the forefront of its industry.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Finance Business Partner is paying between £35,000 - £40,000 + bonus and first-class benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420