GBP40000 - 43000 / annum
3rd May 2019
Accounting and Finance
The Permanent Division of Robert Half are working in partnership with a multi-million turnover business with a group function based in Northampton to recruit a Group Accountant.
The Group Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Chief Accountant with the production of half year, annual and quarterly statutory accounting, including coordination of the notes to the financial statements.
Group Accountant / Northampton / £40,000 - £43,000 plus car
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of country portfolio with regards to financial controls, reporting etc. Work with specific entities to improve quality of reporting, develop IFRS compliant management accounts and ensure application of Group Accounting Policies.
- Liaison with country finance teams to enable them to perform all relevant IAS provision calculations.
- Assist with all group reporting requirements as necessary (actual, budgets, forecasts and tax).
- Provide training to other team members and entity finance staff on technical areas of reporting to include pension accounting, foreign exchange reporting and tax.
- Co-ownership of the annual reconciliation of Statutory to Management results for the Group's entities, making sure all the statements are thoroughly checked and all differences explained and agreed so that the reconciliations can be signed off by the year end.
- Support and assist controlling team to develop and produce monthly accounting controls to ensure reporting is consistent, accurate and efficient. To include balance sheet reviews, analysis and internal control checks.
Due to the demands of the role the Group Accountant must be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), capable of working in an ever-changing environment, keen to challenge themselves and wanting to sharpen their accounting skillset. The Group Accountant will ideally have:
- Technical accountancy experience from practise or a financial accountant background
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
Based in Northampton, this business is well-respected, known for developing internal staff and offer a good work life balance. The business also offers excellent career advancement opportunities.
Salary & Benefits
The Group Accountant will receive a starting salary £40,000 - £43,000 plus car plus bonus along with a strong benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420