GBP45000 - 55000 / annum
18th December 2018
Robert Half have been selected to recruit for a Business Analyst for a well-established business, based in Nottingham, who are going through a very exciting transformation programme.
As the Business Analyst you will be responsible for gathering requirements across their projects, using a variety of tools and techniques. You'll need to work closely with colleagues in IT and the rest of the Business, as well as 3rd parties, to ensure requirements are complete, accurate and unambiguous. You'll also be supporting Test and UAT teams through the defect triage process, as well as providing guidance and support as projects transition to live.
Key Responsibilities of the Business Analyst role:
You'll be part of the Business Analyst team within the Transformation Delivery team - there's a small delivery team of Analysts and Project Managers who work closely with our colleagues across the business to deliver key business change and technology projects.
- Gather business requirements (functional and non-functional) through workshops, interviews and software shows.
- Apply your analytical skills to business requests; prioritise and document these in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Conduct detailed analysis to ensure that requirements are consistent and complete using appropriate tools (Use Cases, Screen Designs, Process Flows, Gap Analyses, State Diagrams, Class Diagrams, User Stories etc).
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that business stakeholders are fully engaged in specifying project requirements.
- Work with development and testing teams to define acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate the interactions between the business and development team through daily standup meetings as well as detailed documentation
- Work with the team to identify changes in scope and manage these through prioritisation, backlog and change control processes.
- Facilitate scoping and estimating sessions at both Project Initiation level and through planning and re-planning sessions within the project.
- Review completed requirements and facilitating document sign off with the business.
- Support testing and UAT phases by providing key input to processes such as defect review and triage
Key Skills of the role:
- Two - five years Business Analyst experience, ideally within Retail or Digital environments
- Experience using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and toolsets.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (including Visio or similar
- Appropriate Professional Qualifications (e.g. BCS)
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Salary & Benefits:
- This role will be paying £50,000, 25 days holiday, Pension and healthcare.
- Based in Nottingham city centre (near the train station)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT 0121 616 4600