February 2, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is currently working in partnership with E-Research Technology Ltd (ERT) to recruit their first UK Finance Controller.
Robert Half is currently working in partnership with E-Research Technology Ltd (ERT) to recruit a UK Finance Controller. , this role will be responsible for the complete and accurate accounting for ERT operations in the UK. The role will be split between two locations, with 80% of your time spent in Nottingham and 20% in Peterborough. Intermittent travel to the US will be required.
The role will see someone come in as the UK Number 1 in Finance, reporting into the VP of Finance / Corporate Controller in the US. The key responsibilities include:
- Management of the finance team
- Oversee production of monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- Reporting to the USA parent company
- Tax compliance
- Reviewing and improving accounting procedures and controls
- Maintain relationships with external advisors such as audit, tax, bank, payroll and pension providers.
This role has minimal supervision, requires a high level of efficiency, professionalism and confidentiality. It requires the ability to influence senior management in the UK and USA and the capacity to actively guide the company to meet its goals and objectives.
The right person for this role will display a number of behaviours in line with ERT as a business:
- Adaptive: being open to and leading change; adjusting plans to meet shifting ideas
- Collaborative: building partnerships based on diverse perspectives, cooperation, trust and team work.
- Accountable: meeting commitments and setting expectations for our teams.
- Proactive: taking initiative; tackling problems, anticipating challenges and taking action.
The business also has a number of key experiences someone must bring to the role, a selection of which are listed:
- Educated to degree level
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified
- A number of years' experience in managing accounting operations
- Expert knowledge of accounting, auditing and financial reporting
- Recent knowledge of UK and US GAAP
ERT is a leading provider of high-quality patient data collection solutions for use in clinical drug development. ERT delivers a combination of technology, services and clinical consulting that increase the accuracy and reliability of patient data and improve the efficiency of the clinical development process. With more than 45 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what's next, so it can adapt without compromising standards.
Over the past four years, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, Biotechs, and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 9,500+ studies spanning three million patients to date. ERT enables customers to bring bring life-saving and life-changing therapies to patients quickly - and with confidence.
Headquartered in the US, the private-equity backed business, continues to grow organically and acquisitively. The culture is one of hard-work, but not overly corporate which is shown in a number of their extensive benefits.
Salary & Benefits
The salary on offer for this role will be dependent on the successful candidate's experience.
Some of the additional benefits the company offers are:
- Private medical
- Performance-related Bonus
- Life assurance policy
- Corporate pension scheme
- Casual dress code
- A collaborative environment with great people to work with.
- International career / secondment opportunities
- Regular team activities
If you are interested in receiving the Job Spec with a full list of responsibilities and competencies required in this role, please get in touch now.
Please note any direct applications to the company will be forwarded to Robert Half for consideration.
Some of the other roles you would be interested in include: Finance Director, Financial Controller, Head of Finance.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement