Assistant Group Accountant
GBP28000 - 32000 / annum
2nd January 2019
Accounting and Finance
ASSISTANT GROUP ACCOUNTANT, ACTIVATE LEARNING GROUP, OXFORD
Robert Half International is working in Partnership with Activate Learning to recruit a new Assistant Group Accountant, based in Oxford.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Activate Learning is a pioneering education group which is growing to meet opportunities in the education market. From a single Further Education college, the organisation has evolved into an international group including further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy and commercial business.
We empower people to go further in learning and in life, by recognising their uniqueness and by providing an environment which builds confidence and raises aspirations. We work with learners, experts in learning and business leaders to co-create curricula and build industry-relevant career pathways.
Our focus on enterprise and entrepreneurship means that our students develop real-life business skills that give them the edge in a competitive jobs market.
The Group has a turnover of approximately £54m and is focused on doubling this in the next year. Growth is targeted through acquisition, organic growth within apprenticeships and higher education, development of International opportunities (focusing on India, China, South East Asia and the Middle East), a growing online capability and leveraging the property assets and 'back office'.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A newly created position to support the Group Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity offering autonomy, as well as opportunities to further your skillset and progress within the organisation. The main responsibilities will consist of:
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing monthly management balance sheet reports and presentations including board reporting; providing commentaries and collecting data, distributing reports and adjust according to feedback
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register and capital grant releases
- Journal postings
- Accruals and prepayments
- Prepare and support towards Year-End audits
- Assisting the Group Accountant with monitoring capital expenditure, financial planning, contributing towards financial projects in order to drive through process change/system improvements and overhead/cost analysis
- Assisting with cash management
This is a challenging and diverse role that will require:
- Must have experience with assisting with monthly management accounts (balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, journals)
- ACCA or CIMA studier
- Ideally AAT qualified
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic finance professional that possesses
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team Player
- Willing learner
- Strong communication skills
- Competent user of Excel; pivot tables, vlookups, sumif's
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary is between £28,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience), plus excellent benefits such as 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), government pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and on-site parking.
For further information please call Patrick Chung on 07717095810 or email me at .
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO ROBERT HALF
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,
The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon
SN5 6NX 01793 571900