£35,000.00 - £45,000.00 / annum
25th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Financial Accountant - Peterborough
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to join a thriving business in Peterborough. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for timely & accurate reporting overheads and preparation of the balance sheet reconciliations. The role also involves business partnering, financial reporting and compliance.
The role is progressive and will offer further development opportunities for the right candidate.
Overview of role
- Overhead reporting, budgeting, forecasting
- Reporting, understanding variances and take action as necessary
- Working with Business partners to build budgets and forecasts
- Ownership of period Balance Sheet review
- Ensure timely completion of reconciliations for three entities
- Preparation of central reconciliations
- Understanding anomalies, risks and opportunities
- Review with Finance Director, Financial Controller and Head of Finance
- Timely submission of all reporting
- Period reporting packs to Financial Controller and period Board pack
- Budget and forecast submissions to Financial Controller and supporting documentation
- Maintaining a robust financial control environment
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of current processes
- Ensuring audit points are closed on a timely basis
- Ensuring compliance with the group Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy.
Skills & experience
- Qualified accountant
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Accrual & Prepayment Calculations
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Excellent communicator
- Takes ownership & responsibility
- Proven analytical skills
- Well organised & time managed
- Flexible - happy to take a hands-on approach at key times of the year when deadlines are critical.
- Great attention to detail
Salary & Benefits
Role of Financial Accountant is paying up to 45k plus excellent benefits
Please contact Oli Campbell at Robert Half on or 01223 341400 for more information.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420