Group Financial Accountant
Location : Peterborough
Post Date : 10 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 477070
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Accounting and Finance Permanent Division are currently partnering with AB Sugar, part of the Associated British Foods Group in recruiting for a progressive Group Financial Accountant based at their Peterborough office.
AB Sugar is a group of companies which is part of the Associated British Foods Group. Operating over 10 countries employing over 32,000 staff is one of the world's largest and most diverse sugar businesses.
The role is to support the Group Finance team to maintain the highest standards of financial reporting, ensuring compliance with IFRS and Group accounting policies, liaising across all stakeholder groups including the Corporate Centre, ABF and the ABS businesses.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support all AB Sugar businesses with any projects or transactions where the accounting can give rise to issues that affect ABF reporting and/or external audit points (eg restructuring schemes, supplier financing, etc)
- Prepare technical papers to support the above and liaise with ABF / E&Y as required
- Maintain the accounting issues log for the AB Sugar group
- Maintain the "Analysts Consensus Report" and distribute to the ABS CEO & CFO on a regular basis
- Manage processes for effective budgeting and reporting of interest / FX exposures, and support other Treasury related matters (eg hedge accounting / reporting)
- Maintain and develop key processes (eg P2P, etc) to drive increases in efficiency both centrally and within the businesses.
- Carry out regular reviews of balance sheets and control account reconciliations in conjunction with the business FC's
- Support the Group Finance Analyst with the following tasks:
- maintaining the accounting records for the BSO support costs and group overheads together with the associated reporting
- producing Controller reports to support period reporting to ABF as well as quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and other reports as required
- co-ordinating inter-company reconciliations for all ABS businesses (including balances with group companies outside of the Sugar group)
- preparing statutory accounts for the ABS Holding Companies (BSO, BSO China, ABS China Holdings & ABS China) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide financial support to business projects (eg M&A) as required
Ideal candidate profile:
- Have a positive impact on the world around them. Has a clear aspiration of what can be achieved and a real desire to make it happen.
- Deep seated belief in their ability to achieve their goals even in uncertain, ambitious and testing situations.
- Strong emotional resilience based on their ability to do more and bounce back from setbacks and constraints.
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is required with some post qualification experience, ideally in a group reporting environment.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Cognos Controller is advantageous.
- Effectively lands messages with different people and groups with high engagement and impact. Varies their communication style and approach without losing authenticity.
Salary & Benefits
£40,000 - £45,000 + generous benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
1 Grafton Mews,
MK9 1FB Milton Keynes