Senior Financial Analyst
GBP35000 - 45000 / annum
March 5, 2018
Robert Half is delighted to be partnering with Gardman LTD in Peterborough to recruit a Senior Costing Analyst to join their growing Finance function.
As the UKs leading garden products supplier, Gardman offer over 4,000 lines across key categories such as core gardening, garden living, homestyle accessories, garden leisure, wild bird care and pet care.
Gardman are committed to delivering great value for money products across over 25 categories and are proud to offer the most diverse range of Garden Products on the market. Whilst price remains a key driver, Gardman also understand the importance of offering consumers depth of choice to keep them engaged and returning to store time and time again.
The UK's leading provider of gardening and wild bird care products has recently opened of its new purpose built warehouse which represents a significant investment of over £30m demonstrating the commitment of Gardman and Rutland Partners to further support its growth to supply gardening products into mainstream grocery retailers.
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse accounting role within the business providing high quality financial information. The role of Senior Costing Analyst will ensure product cost are correctly accounted for any variances are adequately explained and resolved for future periods.
The role of Senior Costing Analyst based in Peterborough will include (but not be limited to):
- Preparation and posting of accruals and adjustment journals in line with departmental deadlines
- Investigate price difference to help AP clear issues
- Monitoring of in-house production costs and associated overheads
- Monitoring of all BOM to ensure the 3 internal reporting systems are accurate and aligned
- Weekly meeting with purchasing team to understand variances
- Review stock valuation and fair value provision and report any discrepancies to line manager
- Manage the Stock movement reconciliation process
- Attend monthly inventory meetings to ensure stock level is optimized and accurate
- Manage the accounts assistant
- Track supplier discrepancies ensuring supply chain/quality recover amounts owed
- Monitor Operations related exceptional costs
The Successful Applicant
The successful Financial Accountant will:
- Be a qualified accountant (CIMA ideally)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the business
The role of Senior Costing Analyst in Peterborough is offering a competitive salary plus benefits
Please contact John Mclaughlin at Robert Half Cambridge on 01223 341400 if you are interested in discussing this role further.
Please note, all 3rd party applications will be forwarded onto and managed by Robert Half and John Mclaughlin who is handling the recruitment process.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement