£30,000.00 - £350,000.00 / annum
8th November 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are proud to be partnering with a long-standing client who boasts a global presence to recruit an Overhead Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team, providing the successful candidate with study support and structured progression. Their office is located in a convenient location in the Plymouth area.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing key financial support to the month end, quarterly forecast and reporting cycles for the one of the business units in Plymouth. You will be responsible for the production and analysis of the monthly Overhead packs, balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly labour rates, whilst ensuring that all submissions are submitted timely and to a high standard.
- Responsible for managing the overhead deliverables within the month end and quarterly forecasting cycles and production of the management accounts pack.
- Responsible for the monitoring and production of the short term cash forecast, Balance Sheet reconciliations and overhead review packs.
- Lead the local overhead business review of financial performance with key stakeholders providing training and guidance when required.
- Build strong, supportive relationships with the local Finance and operational teams.
- Responsible for the management of the internal recharge process within each business unit.
- Assisting internal and external audits, ensuring compliance is maintained at all times.
- Timely and accurate submission of all deadlines associated to the MSDF contract.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager when required.
- Ensure the completion of ad-hoc tasks in a sufficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Qualified Accountant, preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA. Finalists considered.
- High quality standards and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office - in particular, Excellent Excel skills (use of lookups and pivot tables).
- Have an organised approach to work with experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Be a confident and self-motivated team player.
Salary & Benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
- You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
If you would like to hear more about this position or would like to discuss your finance career in confidence please contact Katie Davies (Robert Half Devon and Cornwall) on 07904997587/01392341130.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400