GBP35000 - 45000 / annum
2nd May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with a well-established business based in Plymouth who are looking to recruit a Project Accountant on a 12-month fixed term basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced contractor or Project Accountant looking for their next opportunity to expand their skills and knowledge with a market leading company.
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the production of the monthly financial accounts and reporting requirements for business-critical contracts, along with contributing to the businesses forecasting and adding ongoing financial support to the operational project teams
- Responsible for the production of the monthly financial accounts and reporting requirements
- Production of thorough analysis of results and regular reviewing of key variances vs budgets/forecasts
- Contribution to cash management and weekly forecasting.
- Contributing towards and supporting bidding activity, particularly around financial models and internal reviews
- Close working relationships with the teams other Accountants
- Review the project financial performance with project managers and various other stakeholders
- Build strong, supportive relationships with the project teams, whilst maintaining independence to critically challenge the performance of the projects
- Support and adhere to all project related accounting procedures and requirements.
- Assisting internal and external audits, ensuring compliance is maintained at all times
- Deputise for the Finance Manager / Head of Finance as and when required
- Ensure relevant monthly financial documentation and performance is delivered to the Head of Business or Project Managers on time
- Proactive and resourceful attitude towards achieving goals and management of a team, whilst building supportive working relationships across the wider business
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Be a qualified Accountant, preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA. Finalists considered, but full qualified preferable
- Previous management experience is preferable
- Have experience in Project Accounting, ideally within an international manufacturing environment, although other industries are acceptable
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office - in particular, Excellent Excel skills (use of lookups and pivot tables). Macros preferable
- Have experience of IFS and/or SAP Business Planning and Consolidation
- Have an organised approach to work with experience of working to tight deadlines
- Be a confident and self-motivated team player
- Have excellent communication skills
Our client are an established and successful organisation with an international operation. With continued progression and growth plans, this is an exciting time to be a part of this market leading business. Promoting a culture of collaboration and communication, the organisation welcomes continual ideas for improvements at a micro and macro level.
Salary & Benefits
In return, you can expect a salary of £35,000-£45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
If this role sounds of interest for yourself or someone you know then please do not hesitate to apply through the link or email me at with an updated CV and brief explanation of previous experience or please give me a call on 0117 9935 400 to discuss this role or any future opportunities.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400