GBP16 - 20 / hour
15th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Temporary Commercial Accountant, 9 months based in Pontypool.
The key purpose of this role will be to assist the finance department with all aspects of Financial and Management reporting including analysing current and past financial data, identifying trends, and communicating insights. A highly analytical accounting role- You'll have exposure to month end, management accounting, VAT, year-end reporting. You will work very closely with the Finance team and report into the FC.
- Weekly KPI reporting
- Month-end and year-end reporting procedures
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management
- Undertaking financial administration, internal audits and Liaison with the company auditors as required, including preparation for and participation in year-end audit work
- Monitoring, investigating and providing advice on variances against agreed budgets
- Recommends actions to management by interpreting data.
- Ability to execute corrective actions and see through to completion.
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies within the organisation
- Any other tasks as identified by the Controller
- the ability to efficiently analyse large amounts of data and work to strict deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Qualified / Part-qualified Finance & Accounting qualification or QBE
- Manufacturing experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis. Knowledge of Costing Methodologies, Understanding of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing environment is essential.
- Experience with financial forecasting and analysis.
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Access).
- General Ledger experience
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyse data to draw actionable conclusions
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information to wide range of stakeholders
£16-20 per hour plus holiday pay
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
gb 02920 557 300