£45,000.00 - £56,000.00 / annum
16th July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting for a rapidly expanding services provider based in Port Talbot are seeking as Senior Project Accountant.
This is the first of a newly formed team in the Welsh office and you will be key in building this function.
They are wanting a strong analyst and project accountant who will relish challenging the project managers and budget holders. Mapping the and reporting the financial spend during the project lifecycle.
- Assist sector senior project manager, making sure all parties (business and finance) have full visibility over the status and outlook of their project financial
- Manage the finances of their projects) at month end and post revenue to be recognised at month end
- Act as a business partner to project managers and programme directors to manage P&L
- Regular review of cost base and management of accruals and prepayments to ensure accuracy of project financial data
- Understand key business dependencies risks and issues impacting the P&L
- Gain an understanding of key financial contract terms and conditions and ensure appropriate judgement applied to financials including revenue recognition, review of new business and validation of accounting treatment.
- Attend project reviews to understand delivery issues and consequences on the finances.
- Support the preparation and review of the financial models and audit packs (internal and external) relevant to projects
- Responsibility for producing required monthly slides & management information (P&L and Balance sheet)
- Support bid activity including preparing, checking and reviewing bid models
- Decision support to the business project owners (e.g. for commercial negotiations)
- Review and submit project financial health assessment data
- Ad-hoc finance projects or project related work as directed by your manager
A qualified project accountant
Dynamic services organisation
Salary & Benefits
We are offering a salary of from £45,000 to £60,000 plus a generous benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
gb 02920 557 300