16th August 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with a leading provider of critical, complex engineering services that support national defence, save lives and protect communities. We have partnered with them on an international scale for years and have been given the opportunity again to recruit on their behalf.
This business is very passionate about what they do and the purpose they serve. This is very much a global business adding value to a local society, bringing in hundreds of jobs and careers.
This role is reporting to the Shared Service Centre Head of Finance and is responsible for delivery and development of the Accounts Payable function.
This position requires you to:
- Deliver excellent accounts payable strategies from start to finish
- Ensure reporting of the accounts payable function meets all deadlines set by the group
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to agreements set by suppliers
- Any process improvement or change management is effectively and efficiently recorded by detailed process notes
- Collaboratively work with the Head of Finance and Operations
- Support any system roll outs whilst maintaining an efficient and performing function
- Perform regular assessments, appraisals and team meetings to make sure efficiency's are outstanding
- Attend regular department meetings and roll out initiatives set by the group
- Act as the subject matter expert in the department, troubleshooting any problems and delivering results
- When required, have a hands on approach to the department and process invoices too.
To be a successful candidate, you must be able to work effectively in a matrix management environment and instil a positive culture within the team.
You must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to motivate the team effectively.
The candidate must have a strong knowledge of accounts payable and purchasing processes.
Salary & Benefits
- Circa £34,000
- Exposure to a global brand with excellent career scope
- 37.5 hours per week
- Free parking
- Working closely with senior stake holders
- Opportunity to work abroad
- Modern facilities including cafe, hairdresser, florists, beauty salon, deli bars and more!
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
SouthamptonUBC, Enterprise House
Ocean Village, Southampton
gb 02380 224 562