Head of Commercial
Location : Portsmouth
Post Date : 12 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06070-0010076195
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are supporting a growing FTSE 100 Company who are locally based in Portsmouth. Due to growth and expansion we are looking for a Head of Commercial to come and help provide support in the UK and internationally.
With a strong pipeline of new business, on top of their strong reputation in their specialist field. This newly created role will be supporting the growth and lead the commercial function whilst reporting to the Finance Director.
You will be responsible for all aspects of Commercial Activity within the business. You will be responsible for the the delivery and support of the commercial solutions for new business opportunities including: Negotiating terms and conditions with customers, supporting M&A activities and identifying/ managing commercial risks in existing contracts and mitigating a number of legacy commercial issues.
Duties will include but by no means limited to:
- Developing commercial solutions for new bids
- Evaluating draft contracts, negotiating terms and conditions and assessing risk Vs return
- Managing existing customer contracts including negotiating amendments and extensions
- Drafting and amending contracts, sub contracts, JV Agreements, Licences and other business agreements
- Management of in house legal counsel and external lawyers
- Coordinate and provide due diligence and support to M&A Activities
- Overseeing compliance and risk management for the business unit
- Negotiating settlements and lead in compromise negotiations including arbitration, adjudication and litigation
You will be from a legal or finance background with demonstrable commercial, contracts, risk, compliance, negotiations experience. You will have a strategic mind and exceptional commercial acumen, clear focus and attention to detail. You will need strong communication skills and experience of client facing negotiations.
You will ideally be degree educated, with either a legal or accounting qualification.
Working for a FTSE 100 organisation this role comes with opportunity for growth and personal development.
Salary & Benefits
Up to £90k Plus Car, 25 days annual leave, onsite parking, money purchase pension scheme, life assurance and more.
To apply for this role please contact: Nichola Foster. Interviews are scheduled for 6th October.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon