Location : Radstock
Post Date : 08 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06010-0010072739
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working in Partnership with Diocese Bath & Wells to recruit a Finance Manager based in Wells.
This exciting role will see the successful candidate will manage the finance team and have a salary up to £45,000 with Excellent Benefit including;
- 10% Pension contribution (non-contributory)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank holidays + discretionary days
Diocese Bath & Wells Vision
The Diocese of Bath and Wells is one of 41 Church of England dioceses in the country. The diocese loves and serves the 940,000 people who live here through its family of 496 parishes, 181 church schools, 600 clergy and 350 lay ministers.
"In response to God's immense love for us, we seek to be God's people living and telling the story of Jesus".
The aim of the Finance Department is to safeguard the assets of the Diocesan Board of Finance by creating and maintaining reliable accounting systems, processes and procedures and to support other departments by providing them with relevant, accurate and timely financial information.
You will be responsible for managing and providing technical accounting services ; preparing of key financial information including budgets, forecasts, statutory and management accounts to the board; and supporting other diocesan departments by providing them with relevant, accurate and timely financial information.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of annual budgets including supporting heads of departments with their individual budget submissions.
- Oversight and management of the main General Ledger, ensuring proper monthly routines and full quarterly closes are carried out. Oversight of subsidiary ledgers.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for the DBF including reforecasts and providing additional financial information to assist with their decision making as required throughout the year.
- Preparation of the draft year end statutory accounts and audit file for the year-end audit of the DBF and liaison with the auditors.
- Complete quarterly balance sheet and funding reviews raising any pertinent issues.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance & Operations when they are unavailable to report to senior management and other committees on financial matters.
- Review and authorize prepared monthly payrolls
- Control and co-ordinate the daily management of cash flow and day to day management of the Diocesan Cash Management scheme
- Maintain the parish share model, calculating share payable by each parish and liaising with the Head of Finance & Operations and members of the Common Fund Committee to improve the model
- Supporting parishes with the training and updated news items and resources including support for Diocesan Cashbook
Salary & Package
- The exciting opportunity based in Wells has a salary up to £45,000 dependent on experience.
- 10% Pension (Non Contributing)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank holidays + 4 Days Discretionary
- Option of Flexible Working
All 3rd Parties applications will be forwarded onto Robert half who will be conducting the shortlisting for this process.
Please contact Christopher Muir on 01179935400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead