£38,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
17th September 2019
Our client is looking for a Junior Java Developer who is looking to kick start their career in development and join an exciting organisation based in Buckinghamshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for a developer with minimal experience to join a team of experienced developers to really develop and grow.
In this Junior Java Developer role the main duties will include:
· Work effectively within a small Agile team and contribute to all aspects of the software development process from design through to delivery.
· Develop well-crafted, reliable and performant Java, with a specific slant towards web development.
· Understand web scopes (including application, request & session), Servlet/JSP and their interactions, web frameworks (struts/spring/JSF). Have a good working knowledge of the servlet lifecycle and the collections API.
· Be cognisant of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services such as SOAP & REST. Knowledge of Freemarker would be beneficial.
· Have a basic working knowledge of C# in Microsoft's technology stack (including dotnet core and .NET MVC).
· Understand and be able to use SQL queries & stored procedures in web applications.
· Work closely with your team, marketing and the wider business to devise innovative solutions for new product features.
· Maintain and improve the performance, reliability and quality of existing solutions.
· Use git, github and SourceTree to manage code, create branches and pull requests.
Key skills required:
- Ability to understand customer needs
- Highly organised
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
The successful Junior Java Developer will be ambitious and keen to learn. Ideally you will have either a relevant degree or around a years experience in a similar role.
A global company and a market leader in their field, selling gift experiences throughout the UK with wonderful offices providing an excellent working environment.
Salary & Benefits
This Junior Java Developer role offers a salary of up to £40,000 plus an annual bonus as well as paid annual leave, contributory pension and onsite parking.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888