Commercial Finance Manager
GBP50000 - 70000 / annum
7th February 2018
Robert Half are proud to be exclusively partnering SLR Consultants based in Reading to help them find a new Commercial Finance Manager / Business Partner.
SLR Consultants Group are a young, dynamic consultancy company who provide technical and business solutions to Telecoms Providers and Large Enterprise customers.As SLR continually achieve our growth targets, we need to expand our core team. We are looking for a Commercial Finance Business Partner to support our account managers and senior management team to provide clear and insightful performance analysis and management information, to drive high quality business decisions, mitigate risks and highlight opportunities.
As a crucial member of the team, you will provide robust management information and advice in order to support the planned growth and development of existing client accounts and new logos. Ensuring margins and KPI's are achieved and the strategic company goal is realised.
Job Title: Commercial Finance Manager / Partner
Responsible to: Finance Director/CEO
Accountable for: Analysis and reporting of Divisional Budgeting, forecasting and management accounts.
- Develop and maintain detailed frameworks and processes to provide accurate cost models to account teams
- To ensure that the Monthly management accounts are accurate and analysed and published
- Preparation of annual budget, variance analysis and forecasting
Overview of main duties and responsibilities
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Commercial Finance Manager
- To set, agree and deliver a divisional P&L Budget covering Revenue, cost of sales, Gross Margin, Operating costs and EBITDA. These to be set at both a site and consolidated level.
- Responsible for the accurate reporting and evaluation of Monthly management accounts.
- Work directly with the Financial Control team to ensure accurate data inputs
- Ensure budget holders receive and understand financial, economic and resource information necessary to fulfil their own responsibilities
- To support commercial forecasting through regular divisional P&L forecasting.
- Review and challenge assumptions during Forecast review meetings and highlight of the monthly risks and opportunities.
- To provide an audit process and procedure to ensure financial controls are set and adhered to
- Work alongside the Commercial team to develop new product business cases and present financials at monthly meetings, challenging assumptions and ensuring project viability.
- Working with the Commercial Operations teams to ensure timely inputs to the budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensure that operational management have an understanding of management accounts and KPI's and are equipped to address underlying issues which affect profitability
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning, working closely with the Senior Management Team
- Analysis of brand P&Ls and other internal and external KPI's to highlight risks and opportunities
- Support the Account Management Team with financial analysis and challenge to business models as required
- Building and mentoring Finance resources
- Support continuous improvement process across the business
- Carry out ad-hoc project work as required by the senior management team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Must have experience of working for a Managed Service Operation, providing System Integration Solutions, ideally to telecommunications vendors
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly analytical
- Experience of costing analysis
- Advanced excel skills
- Proven ability to influence senior financial and non-financial people alike
- Problem solving attitude.
- Self-motivated, with ability to multi task.
- Ability to work under pressure
Package is circa £50,000 - £80,000 depending on experience, benefits include, Pension and Health Cover.
Please note, applying directly will not boost your chances as CV's will be forwarded to me.
Speculative CV's from Agencies will also be forwarded to me.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement