£20,000.00 - £250,000.00 / annum
17th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
An energetic and passionate Finance Assistant is required to join an exciting start-up company who have recently been acquired by a large US company. If you're someone who has a positive outlook and can work in a close-knit team then you could be perfect for this role and should apply today.
You will be tasked with collating and managing the production of our company accounts as well as providing the reconciliations and group reporting to their parent company. Core responsibilities will include:
- Creating customer invoicing, recoding payroll, and managing journal entries
- Recording and paying supplier invoices
- Bank reconciliation
- Processing VAT returns
- Checking and paying expense claims
- Creating new client contracts and renewing existing contracts in a timely manner
- Manage and take control of the debtor collection process
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages, including key control account reconciliations and month end journals
- Maintaining company accounting policies and procedures
- Support corporate and operational reporting needs as requested
- Periodically perform any other ad hoc requirements to support the business
You will be very well organised who has strong analytical skills and a 'can-do' attitude towards taking ownership. There will be times in this role where you will feel up against the clock so you will need to have the ability to perform under pressure and be able to meet deadlines. You will be joining a strong and multi-disciplined team so someone who is able to adapt to different cultures will be essential.
- You will be qualified to AAT level 4 however lower level qualifications would be considered based on experience
- Great Plains and/or Sage experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of working in a software company
This is a growing software company who are passionate about providing exceptional service to their end users and aim to provide outstanding customer service. They want to stand out from the crowd by offering a bespoke service that offers maximum attention to detail. Having been recently acquired by a successful US corporation, this company has the view of expanding into a market leader.
Salary & Benefits
- £20,000 - £25,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 3% matched contribution pension
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888