£50,000.00 - £55,000.00 / annum
14th August 2019
Accounting and Finance
The role is extremely commercially focussed, supporting contract managers and operational teams. The key to being successful in this role is adding value - working with operations to ensure we maximise revenue from existing clients and make sure we deliver our services as effectively and efficiently as possible, ensuring contract profitability is maximised and working capital management is optimised.
The FBP role is pivotal in supporting the business. In working closely with the operational teams and being a part of the day to day running of the business. The FBP will play a key role in ensuring delivery of accurate monthly results, ensuring they reflect the current performance of the business and driving initiatives as required. The FBP will also be fully engaged in compiling budgets and forecasts as well as ad-hoc financial analysis to support business decisions, business cases and bid development - ensuring we understand how internal and external influences will impact the business and making the best decisions for the company.
The individual will be a qualified accountant, ideally with 3+ years commercial experience, have experience of the catering/retail sector, excellent analytical skills and an ability to understand and solve complex issues.
· Ensuring timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts ensuring accuracy, integrity, consistency and providing clear visibility of the financial health of the business.
· Accurate accounting on income, including accrued and deferred revenue on a monthly basis, with clear visibility and communication to the business on non-current debt.
· Highlighting and minimising key business risks, by understanding balance sheet position.
· Understanding and challenging current business practice, identifying and implementing initiatives to improve process and deliver business growth objectives.
· Partnering with business leads to prepare full annual budgets, and periodic forecasts.
· Ensure accurate and timely billing, efficient cost control and driving improvements in the working capital.
· Being pro-active in identifying and implementing added value opportunities.
· Detailed financial analysis and presentation of financial information to support decision making.
· Ad-hoc analysis and presentation of complex financial information in response to senior management requests.
· Working closely with the senior management teams to help drive business performance and high quality financial information.
· Develop and report KPI's relevant to the business.
· Support operations teams with cost control, and cost management of client contract costs.
· Identify and drive financial efficiency ensuring the correct allocation of resource.
· Provide objective challenge to the business performance and plans.
· Provide forward looking insight utilising experience of the past, and using financial and business skills.
· Undertake contract profitability analysis, providing insight to operational teams on opportunities and risks.
· Support business adherence to the group financial governance processes.
· Maintain adequate balance sheet controls and governance.
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CIPFA qualified, ideally with 3 years PQE.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Previous business partnering experience.
- Influential and motivational leadership capability.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, with the ability to prioritise a changing workload and use initiative.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present complex financial information with an eye for detail.
- High level of integrity with a commitment to embedding a strong governance culture.
- Ability to drive and implement successful change.
- A hardworking individual with lots of energy, who can deliver high quality work to tight reporting deadlines and demonstrate a desire to progress within the Company.
Ability to produce concise and informative reporting under tight deadlines
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888