£55,000.00 - £65,000.00 / annum
4th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working on retained search for our exciting client: Small Robot Company located on the outskirts of Romsey. As a start-up business, Small Robot Company are creating a series of robots for farming. The goal of the business is to use Robotics and Artificial Intelligence to create a completely digital view of the farm, and to use this to change the way we use our soil to produce food. Their three main robots (Tom, Dick and Harry) specialise in monitoring the field, caring for the plants and planting the seeds. These are all controlled by Wilma, the Artificial Intelligence driven operating system.
Small Robot Company are at the field trials stage and are looking for a Financial Controller to support the growth of the business. This position, for the right candidate will lead to a Finance Director position.
As the Financial Controller you will be instrumental in creating and leading the finance function and the financial strategy within the company. You will report directly to the owner and company board to aid and support strategic decision making.
You will be a hands-on Financial Controller working with key stakeholders in the company to help devise a financial strategy for growth. In time, you will also have the opportunity to build a finance team around you.
Main Duties and responsabilities:
In the first instance you will be focusing on setting up models and processes to allow for accurate and representative data and board reporting packs. You will be:
- A Qualified accountant- CIMA/ACA or ACCA
- The Finance specialist for investor presentations and produce financial packs for investors
- Responsible for continuous improvement and control of company financials
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting
- Building and operating financial models
- Preparing financial forecasts
- Preparing investor facing financials to support our forthcoming equity raise
- Preparing and presenting quarterly financial reports to the board
- Developing robust internal financial processes and supporting financial decision making
- Working with the accountants to ensure solid financial accounting
The right candidate will be:
- Excited about the opportunity to work in a startup environment
- Motivated by the challenge of immersing themselves in the details and owning the development of the growth engine of this young business
- Open to taking measured risks and working in a pre-revenue business which still has some financial uncertainty
- Able to operate with assured stability and certainty in a fast-moving environment
- Extremely ambitious to grow their own capabilities and responsibilities during their time in this role
- Engaged with our founding vision, which is to maximise the way that we use technology to produce food
The company's main offices are at Dean Hill Park, near Romsey which is easily commutable from Southampton, Bournemouth, Salisbury or Winchester. We are happy to be somewhat flexible on your working location and although some face to face time each week is part of our routine, many of the non-tech team predominantly work remotely.
Any applications sent directly to the client will be referred back to Robert Half to include in their shortlisting process. Please reach out to Robert Half: or 02380224562 for more information.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SouthamptonUBC, Enterprise House
Ocean Village, Southampton
gb 02380 224 562