11th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working in partnership with Higgidy to hire a new Finance Manager.
Based in Shoreham, West Sussex, this role is offering the chance to join an exceptional business in the next stage of their evolution.
If you are looking for a varied and hands on role within an ambitious, creative and fun company, then please apply to find out more.
This role is also offering a clear and defined career path, coupled with the chance to work with a talented group of people on a daily basis.
This would suit someone actively studying towards a professional accounting qualification.
The successful Finance Manager will have high levels of visibility to the finance team and wider organisation. This role is very much a varied accounting role and is reporting directly into the Financial Controller.
As the Higgidy Finance Manager, you will be key to driving improvements within the core finance processes, preparing financial reporting and implementing strong financial control.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing robust financial processes and procedures, and ensure tight compliance is maintained by the finance team;
- Maintaining financial records and data accurately and within agreed systems and timelines;
- Developing and implementing effective internal control systems to meet the needs of the business as it grows;
- Preparing monthly management accounts in line with the reporting timetable;
- Ensuring all Financial Standard Operating Procedures are followed in full, including fully reconciling all balance sheet control accounts on a monthly basis;
- Daily cash management including cash flow forecasting;
- Supporting the Financial Controller as part of the year-end statutory audit process;
- Managing the business travel and expense system;
- Ensuring Company compliance and day-to-day management of PAYE, VAT and Corporation Tax;
- Managing and coaching a team of two direct reports.
The successful Finance Manager is likely to be a part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with a strong academic background.
What are we looking for?
- Have a bright mind, a concise communication style and an ability to influence at all levels.
- Be able to lead and inspire a team as well as rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in.
- Be excited about working in food and the wider values of the Higgidy business.
In 15 years, the Higgidy brand has grown from a kitchen start up to a £27M turnover food manufacturer and one of the fastest growing food brands in the chilled supermarket aisles. They employ around 300 people and make upwards of 350,000 pies, quiches and sausage rolls each week which are sold all over the British Isles. Despite what has been achieved already, they are more excited about the future and the vision is to establish an enduring, iconic British food brand. In order to achieve this vision, they are creating a new full-time position of Finance Director and are looking for a dynamic, strategic financial mind to join the Leadership Team and play a crucial role in the future of the business.
Salary & Benefits
£££Competitive. Negotiable depending on experience.
This is a retained assignment with Robert Half. To apply please click on the link or send your application directly to Patrick McCubbin at
All third-party applications will be forwarded onto Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750