£250.00 - £275.00 / day
13th August 2019
Accounting and Finance
Group Accountant Needed - Slough based- Housing Sector- Immediate start - Apply Now!
- To provide a financial advisory service in an understandable and professional manner to Senior Managers.
- To support the Directorate/Service in the preparation of the budget/MTFS in accordance with the corporate timescale.
- To control and monitor budgets through quarterly budgetary control reports to identify and resolve (often complex) variances.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of accountancy standards, policies, processes and systems by maximising the use of I.T systems.
- To deliver as the Subject Matter Expert in their respective role and utilise this knowledge and expertise to provide professional financial management and accountancy services to service departments.
- To support the closure of accounts in accordance with the prescribed standards and systems in line with corporate timetables.
- To complete work on a range of financial systems and processes (e.g. Corporate Financial Registers, Council's Cash Books, Collection Fund Accounts etc.).
- To review and control various Capital government returns and grant claims completed by Accountants/Assistants.
- To keep up to date with and undertake financial research and analysis on legislative changes and on major budget development proposals from departments.
- To provide professional financial management and accountancy services to service departments.
- To manage and develop allocated financial support staff.
- To promote corporate working, undertake projects and carry out other accountancy duties as required.
- To undertake any other tasks which are commensurate to the grade of the post.
- Significant experience of working within the finance service of a large and complex organisation
- Significant accounting experience in the relevant service area of budget preparation, monitoring, advice
- Experience of Closing company accounts
- Significant experience of working with Senior Managers in relation to budget monitoring, identify and resolves complex variances.
- Experience of managing accountancy projects undertaking complex tasks with the ability to work independently.
- Line management/supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, standards and practices relevant to task associated with the job.
- A knowledge of computerised financial systems and spreadsheets and how these can be used to delivery efficiencies
- Excellent knowledge of closure of accounts, budget preparation, monitoring and capital management
- An understanding and commitment to the Councils Equal Opportunity Policy
- Up to date knowledge of CIPFA Local Authority accounting and Codes of Practice
- Able to research, interpret and analyse financial information in an organised and clear manner.
Housing sector - based in Slough - Parking on site - Client plan to relocate to central Slough town centre in the foreseeable
Salary & Benefits
£250 -£275 PAYE per day.
If this role is of interest please send your C.V or please feel free to call me on 0118 902 8888
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888