Head of Financial Accounting
GBP75000 - 95000 / annum
11th February 2019
Accounting and Finance
The Head of Accounting is responsible for providing the strategic direction and leadership in managing the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of the Accounting Function for the business.
- Delivery of the routine accounting and reporting service
- Owns and coordinates timetables and actions related to the European corporate submissions
- Drive greater utilisation of reporting utlities to deliver comprehensive and integrated management information, as well as increased user self-service
- During 2019 redesign and simplify transfer price and recharge accounting, working with the head of treasury and tax
- Management of Accounting Team and its activities
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met in regard to financial reporting and that all master data and transactions are in compliance (SOX/IFRS)
- Development of Regional Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance with all OPEL's statutory and management reporting requirements and improving efficiency and reliability across the region.
- Takes overall control of the company's accounting policy and procedures, issuing written policy documents.
- Accountable for master data (cost centres and projects etc..)
- Accurate recording of inventory and cost of goods.
- Recording accurate and timely sales adjustments and true-ups.
- Oversees the monthly close process including all associated routine and judgemental journals, and publish reliable financial statements in accordance with routine deadlines.
- Functional finance heads - BSC, Tax, Treasury FBPs
- Finance Directors of affiliates
- Department Managers
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888