£40,000.00 - £55,000.00 / annum
25th June 2019
Robert Half have been engaged to recruit for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for large multi-national business, based near Solihull.
The role of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer is to provide the most senior level of technical leadership and subject matter expertise within the Infrastructure team. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be a Subject Matter Expert across all technical areas within the relevant infrastructure team and shall act as Technical Design Authority to ensure solution compliance to Service and Technical standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer role:
- Supports the development of the Infrastructure Team strategic plans.
- Owns Operational Improvements plans for the Infrastructure team area, ensuring appropriate and successful implementation.
- Supports Project planning activities, defining the correct approach and activities for projects to reach their technical goals
- Supports the planning of 3rd party contract reviews, renewals and termination.
- Supports Service Design and Service Delivery Management functions in defining relevant service charging models based on the underlying Service technology.
- Responsible for the review and assurance of cost and pricing for solution provided to the end-customer or provided by 3rd Parties.
- Acts as Technical Design Authority and represents the team at Technical Design and Governance bodies
- Provides technical leadership and direction for engineering activities across the team
- Identifies operational optimisation opportunities and develops Operational Improvement Plans
- Develops or assures High-level technical solutions provided by the team
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining overall technical design and configurations for the existing service technology
- Develops or assures Low-level technical designs for solutions provided by the team
- Develops and assures correct and relevant toolsets for the delivery of the service including monitoring, deployment, backup, reporting and other operational tools.
- Contributes to the activities relating to Strategic IT Projects including business case development, technology assessments, High Level Design work, due diligence and other activities related to the future technologies.
- Assembles, leads and manages virtual technical teams to achieve a variety of complex technical goals.
- Coordinates and oversees technical activities and teams to respond to Major Incidents
- Coordinates and oversees Root Cause Analysis activities for the team
- Provides technical leadership through maintaining and understanding of current and future technologies
- Develops, coaches, motivates and inspires with visible technical leadership and knowledge sharing
- Is a technical focal point and knowledge source for all team members
- Supports across Business Engagement activities where SME knowledge or advice is required, including preparing technical options, feasibility discussions, technical explanations for incidents and issues.
Key Skills of the role:
- Experience in multiple technology disciplines from Junior to Senior levels
- Experience within a mature Shared Service or Commercial IT Services operation
- Experience of producing Technical Designs from high to low levels
- Experience of managing people/teams/virtual teams
- Experience of planning and delivering change projects
- Ability to drive change and influence through building strong relationships and having a solid commercial awareness
- Good analytical skills and previous exposure to medium /large change programmes
- Ability to work with senior management teams and individuals to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Ability to provide advice and guidance to managers and staff including sensitive and complex issues
- Strong delivery and client focus
- Strong ITIL and Prince 2 knowledge
- Experience of Implementing Cross Functional IT Process Change
- Strong experience working at all levels with a broad range of virtualization, storage, Cloud and IaaS technologies and platforms.
- Experience of email platforms, backup systems.
Salary & Benefits:
- £45,000 - £55,000
- Car allowance
- Flexible working (work from home 1 or 2 days / week)
- 25 days holiday
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600