Head of Tax
GBP55000 - 60000 / annum
22nd February 2018
Robert Half are recruiting exclusively for a Head of Tax to join a leading organisation local to Portsmouth
Robert Half are pleased to be exclusively business partnering with a market leader Engineering Group, based near Portsmouth.
We have been engaged on an exclusive and retained basis to manage the search to find them a talented new Head of Tax / Tax Manager.
This is a really exciting and varied business who have witnessed some really exciting growth over the last five years.
As a business, they are very much about putting their people first, they give people high levels of autonomy and commercial exposure to add value and get on with the job in hand.
Joining a successful and growing business comes with its challenges, however what is does do is provide an excellent foundation and backdrop to really add commercial and technical value, rather than having to initially fix and rebuild inherited problems.
This is an autonomous Head of Tax position that will sit amongst the senior leadership team.
Salary wise this sitting within a range of £55,000 - £60,000 + Benefits.
The successful Head of Tax is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA / CTA or equivalent) and have a strong tax background.
This is a very varied tax role that will have elements of treasury, reporting and financial accounting involved.
- Management of the Tax department, overseeing Tax Risk and Compliance.
- Understand and manage all Corporate Tax, VAT and Employment Tax.
- Manage all commercial tax planning.
- Managing the relationship with HMRC and Revenue Commissioners
- Take ownership for all quarterly tax reporting and statutory accounting - UK GAAO / IFRS.
- Oversee all transfer pricing documentation in line with Group tax Function requirements.
- Support the group finance function on new initiatives and commercial projects as they arise - e.g. Indirect Taxes, M&A tax etc.
- Maintaining Group Tax processes / SOX control
- Ad hoc tax enquiries as they arise
The successful Head of Tax likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA / CTA) with a strong academic background. A strong track record in both in-house and practice would be beneficial.
This business has a world class reputation. They are renowned for investing in their staff as they truly believe their employees are what make the business so successful.
£55,000 - £60,000 + Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement