Location : Southampton
Post Date : 10 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 469694
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with one of our key partners to recruit for an accounts assistant based near Salisbury.
Working with a small local business, you will be a key part of the finance function, assisting the finance manager with the running of the business. As an accounts assistant you will be involved in purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control. This is a great opportunity to join their team.
Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £18,000 - 20,000 (depending on experience)
- Purchase Ledger: coding, matching and posting invoices. Post payments to ledger, reconcile statements at month end.
- Sales ledger: Entering invoices onto customers systems, resolving queries and weekly reporting.
- Credit Control: requesting and chasing payments by phone, email and letter
- Other Ad-hoc duties
- 1-2 years experience in a finance function, preferably in a purchase ledger role
- Experience using Sage
- Excellent Excel skills, including look ups and pivot tables
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent phone manner
Based just outside of Salisbury, a food manufacture, supplying major supermarkets with frozen and fresh goods. The finance team is a small team that work closely together with HR in a large open plan office. With free car parking on site and not far from the main road, this is a great opportunity to join their team.
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain experience in a really varied, all round finance function, then apply for this role today.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Ocean Village, Southampton
SO14 3XB Hampshire