£18,000.00 - £21,000.00 / annum
17th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are pleased to partner with a fantastic local Charity who support those facing challenges in their lives through adventures at Sea. They are keen to find an operation Assistant to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Customer Care Manager the Operations Assistant provides the front-line administrative support to both the Ship Operations and Customer Care functions of the charity
- Coordinating Crew and Volunteer Crew Rosters for all Ship Voyages
- Seafarer payroll administration
- Coordination of holiday leave records for on-shore and crew
- General administrative support to Ship Operations
- Customer Service Enquiries
- Customer Service Bookings and payment details
- Office supplies and supplier relationships
Main Areas of Responsibility
1. Customer Care
- Processing incoming bookings ensuring the correct matching of non-disabled and disabled customers for the voyage to sail safely and for them to have the best possible experience of co-operative working.
- Compiling medical information about our customers and liaising with volunteer doctors and ships permanent crew to ensure the customer is suitable for sailing and the voyage is suitable for the customer.
- Ensuring all aspects are in place prior to sailing: insurance, allergy forms, medical forms, under 18 permission forms.
- Processing payments via card payments and bank transfers along with raising invoices and ensuring our finance team have fully reconciled information
- Answering customer enquires via telephone and email and live chat
- Sending out all communications for voyages once bookings are confirmed
2. General Administration (Ship Operations)
- Administrative support to the Ship Operations Team, including the Operations Director
- Responding to e-mails, telephone enquiries and visitors to the office generally and specifically to Ship Operations
- Maintain all office stationary requirements, postage and general office supplies for all office team
- Manage relationships and invoice/payment administration for all suppliers to Ship Operations.
3. Ship Crew and Volunteers
- Co-ordinating work rosters for Ship Crew and Volunteer Crew for all voyages
- Seafarer payroll administration, holiday leave and absence records
- Co-ordination of records with Human Resources
The ideal candidate Will have Office or Administration experience as well as the following:
- Confidence and ability to communicate by text, e-mail, face to face and on the telephone to potential customers including resolving difficulties.
- Ability to build good relationships with a range of suppliers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and work in an ordered and structured way.
Salary & Benefits
- 18,500 - £21,000 (dependent on experience)
- Pension contribution
- 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
SouthamptonUBC, Enterprise House
Ocean Village, Southampton
gb 02380 224 562