Tax Administrator- Stansted
Location : Stansted
Post Date : 13 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 467661
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are hiring for a Tax Administrator with a leading aviation company based near to Stansted. This is a newly-created, full-time permanent position.
Working closely with the European Tax Manager, the Tax Administrator will assist with indirect tax work across Europe. He or she will analyse tax reports, prepare tax returns and will engage in cross-border tax projects.
The main part of the role is to submit VAT returns and to claim back VAT on fuel sold for flights inside the EU.
1. Coordinates cross border VAT and Excise refund initiatives for various stakeholders
2. Assists in preparing VAT returns and supplementary statements for European registrations
3. Supports the European Tax Manager in indirect tax compliance and planning initiatives
4. Reconciles VAT data to accounting records and assists in reviewing source documentation to ensure compliance with local VAT rules in European jurisdictions
5. Monitors VAT return filing deadlines and remains up to date with indirect tax and regulatory legislation
6. Assists with technical research and implementation of tax planning projects
7. Performs day to day administration on matters relating to VAT and Excise and helps in compiling presentations for the tax team
8. Responds to field inquiries on tax issues and provides facts to tax headquarters for problem resolution
9. Coordinates timely provision of information for audits or resolving queries from tax authorities
10. Maintains accurate financial and tax reports, documentation and records that adhere to government regulations, professional standards and organizational guidelines and initiatives as directed
11. Performs other duties as and when assigned.
The company is looking to hire someone with some prior experience of working in VAT or indirect tax for a practice or a multi-national company.
The successful candidate will either have experience of preparing VAT returns, or from submitting VAT reclaims or refunds in a prior role.
It is beneficial to be part-qualified but it is more important to be keen to learn and develop - Whoever takes this role will be exposed to all kinds of European Tax issues and will receive high-class training.
The client is a leading aviation services company who are one of the leading companies in their field with a long-standing reputation for good quality.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £30,000 to £38,000 plus benefits package (which includes a 10% pension).
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
1 Grafton Mews,
MK9 1FB Milton Keynes