£275.00 - £350.00 / day
5th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Cambridge are delighted to be working exclusively with a extremely successful and reputable manufacturing company in Hertfordshire in their search for an Interim Commercial/Cost Accountant. The role will be for a duration of 6 months and the successful candidate must have relevant manufacturing experience.
- Produce monthly management accounts, specifically for revenue and variable cost (material & labour) and inventory related balance sheet accounts.
- Support year close activities including liaising with auditors.
- Annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
- Monthly Product line margin review, including Interrogation bill of materials, routings and overhead rates and allocations to review accuracy of costing and assess product profitability.
- Oversee and manage all Sales pricing activities, ensuring that the Company achieve its threshold margin targets.
- Support Engineering and programme management in relation to any RFQ activities.
- Inventory reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Sales Order reporting on a Bi-weekly/monthly basis.
- Supervision and review of manufacturing adjustments, ensuring adequate controls are in place to ascertain whether inventories are correctly accounted for and the appropriate entries are made within the general ledger.
- Annual physical and cycle count programmes,
- Scrap adjustments and inventory adjustments
- Provide support to the Finance Director, Operations Manager and Senior leadership team.
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to identify areas of improvement to positively affect costs efficiencies and product improvements and to drive business efficiencies.
- Qualified CIMA with manufacturing experience.
- Strong experience of product costing preferably within a standard costing environment
- Strong analytical skills with excellent communication skills, able to produce the management data & reports but also to liaise with internal stakeholders to interpret the data and spot trends to improve business efficiencies.
- Flexible, team player, able to work with minimal supervision. Comfortable working in both an office and factory environment.
- Excellent excel skills including pivot tables, graphs and data analysis.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Calum Forster on 01223 341400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420