GBP23000 - 27000 / annum
January 30, 2018
Robert Half are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant join a leading business based in Stroud. This position is temporary role with the opportunity to go permanent dependent on performance.
About the role…
As part of the Group Finance function, this role will report into the Group Finance Manager, providing Business Partnering to senior managers of our diverse subsidiaries. This role will work closely with business unit managers to deliver robust strategic planning and monthly reporting, owning value-adding analysis that boosts our bottom line.
This opportunity is ideal for an aspiring accountant with experience of P&L ownership and business partnering who loves working with non-finance managers providing reporting to allow informed decision-making.
You are an inquisitive and commercially-minded individual who enjoys interrogating data to drive business decisions. You ask questions of processes and look to use your skills and knowledge to improve and drive efficiency into yours and others monthly tasks. Reporting is important to you, telling the story of the numbers, making the financial results accessible to managers. You act with integrity and enjoy working with many internal customers. You look forward to every day being different to the last.
What you will do…
Act with independence and initiative to support your Business Partners in the following:
- Monthly financial and operational reporting for P&L, BS & Headcount
- Design and report on key performance indicators both financial and operational
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the direct and indirect costs associated with running the diverse range of subsidiaries under your role
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Partner with the business to deliver quarterly budgeting and forecasting
- Complex variance and trend analysis, explaining key drivers to stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Margin improvement, cost control and driving efficiencies
- Contribute to the on-going review and improvement of processes
What you will bring…
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel with knowledge of reporting and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to challenge
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact between Group Finance and other key stakeholders and teams throughout the business
- Strong working ethics and be dynamic and enthusiastic to drive the Group's performance
- Initiative to identify opportunities
Salary & Benefits…
- £10-13 ph (£30,000-£35,000 if the role is to go permanent)
If this role is to go permanent, study support will be provided for a professional qualification (CIMA / ACCA) on completion of probation.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement