Senior Accounting Technician
Location : Stroud
Post Date : 10 March 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 469644
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading Public Sector employer based in Stroud, who are looking for an accomplished Senior Accounting Technician to join their organisation on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Working in an outstanding rural office location, this is an excellent opportunity for someone to add immediate value and work within an interesting and rewarding environment.
To monitor, control, prepare, implement systems and prepare accounts for the General Fund revenue budget and expenditure.
- Budget Preparation - Preparation of the annual revenue estimates for specified services, and salary estimates across all services, in line with the budget strategy and in consultation with service managers.
- Budget Monitoring and Control - Maintenance and development of systems that ensure efficient and effective budgetary control, to include monthly and quarterly reports.
- Financial Advice - Provide support and advice to projects, partnerships, other external organisations and budget holders on all financial matters and training in the use of the financial systems;
- Final Accounts - Closure of the General Fund revenue accounts within year-end timescales to include accruals, reconciliations, explanations of variations between budgets and outturn, and preparation of corresponding working papers;
- Identifying areas for efficiency savings in the budget process.
- Development of financial monitoring and reporting.
- Preparation of reports to highlight trends and changes in the financial position.
- Investigation of financial matters at year-end, requiring audit explanation.
- Advising on different solutions to budget problems that arise.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- AAT qualified.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- An understanding of administrative processes and systems.
- Experience of managing budgets and expenditure.
- IT Literate.
- Ability to manage own time and workload.
- Ability to undertake work of a variety of advanced tasks, confined to one function or area of activity, which requires detailed knowledge and skills in a specialist discipline.
This position is offered on a full-time basis paying an annual salary of £30,000 per annum
Excellent holiday entitlement, defined benefit pension scheme, Parking on-site
For Further information and to apply please contact Luke Stevens at Robert Half on 0117 993 5400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead