Area Sales Manager
7th February 2018
Robert Half Office Team are currently recruiting for an Area Sales Manager to join a client of ours in Swindon however the role itself is to work from home. The new Area Sales Manager will be a key interface to English customer and prospects for Industrial Solution EMEA. Maintaining existing business and supporting at these customers continues growth, technical and commercial support. Beside the existing business it's also important to open new accounts at prospects, identifying the product need and closing the business. The candidate may work from a Home Office and will report into the Industrial Solutions organisation.
Main Responsibilities of the Area Sales Manager:
- Work closely with customers/prospects to identify applications and win New Business Opportunities through close liaising with marketing and engineering colleagues within the total supply chain.
- Focus on the strategic verticals defined by the Marketing and manage direct OEM as well as local partners.
- Support all the products and offer managed by Industrial Solution: Solid State Relays, Pressure switches & Sensors, position sensors, OST.
- Provide highest level of service for ongoing business and bringing closed business through to start of production.
- Identification, assessment and closure of New Business Opportunities.
- Build and expand relationships with potential customers and seek to "design in" the company's current and future technology to customer's future products.
- Communicating pro-actively strategies and tactics to the customer and manage customer expectations.
- Qualify new customer programs / new development trends, engage with customer on new projects at early stage, and execute new business development to program closure.
- Give feedback of market requirements & competitor activities to the marketing department.
- Responsible for the commercial negotiations (e.g. value proposition) and technical communication with the customers. In addition, the management of contract enforcement for example implementation of long term price agreements.
- Control of actual business - monitor deviations of actual vs. plan, forecast development, monitor and define corrective actions if necessary, contribute on measures to overcome critical customer situations, monitor and analyse activities of competition.
- Act as a team-leader of cross-functional key account management teams within the organisation.
- Support the Marketing team to identify new market requirements and product needs.
Skills needed for the Area Sales Manager:
- 5 years of experience as Sales would be ideal.
- A Bachelors or Master's degree level in Engineering (ideally mechanical/electrical or electronically) or a Business degree with significant experience in a technical environment.
- B-to-B Sales experience in an industrial environment preferably with industrial sensor solutions
- Excellent communication skills, plus a high degree of self-motivation and determination.
- A natural commercial aptitude (ability to close a deal), a focus on contributing to the customer requirements and a drive to solve problems rather than report them.
- Establishing and executing plans, driving for results, influencing and listening, building & sustaining relationships, communication skills.
- Commercial skills, negotiating skills customer orientation, presentation skills, understanding for future business potential.
- Fast reaction on requests, willingness to support in problem solving and to take ownership.
- Execute excellent information flow and a fast communication internally and to the customer.
Salary and Benefits of the Area Sales Manager role:
The salary range is between £50,000- £55,000 per annum plus benefits. There is also a performance related bonus.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement