GBP24000 - 26000 / annum
5th December 2017
Robert Half are proud to be working in partnership with Swindon Music Co-operative to recruit an Office Manager/Bookkeeper on a permanent full time basis. This is a hands on role with a variety of duties so you must be a team player who is willing to help where needed. This role would suit someone who has previous Office Manager/Bookkeeping experience and ideally experience of working in a not for profit or charity organisation. If this sounds like it could be of interest then read on!
About the organisation!
Swindon Music Co-operative Ltd is a not-for-profit association of just over 50 self-employed music teachers. They provide a wide range of instrumental and vocal tuition in the Swindon area, working in over 70 local schools, as well as providing out-of-school tuition to both young people and adults. An elected Board of Directors represents the members (teachers) in defining strategy. All administration is handled by three office staff in their small but very busy office.
The Co-operative's Objects are to pursue its Purpose by:-
- Carrying on the trade, industry or business of a co-operative association engaged in the marketing of its Teacher Members' products or services, supplying to its Teacher Members goods and materials as may be required by them in the course of their business, and rendering to Teacher Members of the Co-operative any other services required in connection with their business; and
- Fostering and supporting the principles and concept of co-operation in its own affairs, amongst musicians and in industry and commerce generally.
This diverse role will include but not be limited to:
- Bookkeeping - processing invoices, credit control, preparing monthly management accounts, payroll, and expenses.
- Attending board meetings and delivering financial reports/updates.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with customers and members ensuring their tuition invoices are processed correctly and resolving any queries.
- Managing data.
- Managing 2 office staff team members.
- Managing the office including health and safety, assisting with events admin, managing the holiday rotas and carrying out DBS checks.
The ideal candidate!
Could you be right? The ideal person for this role will have previous experience in a similar role and will be looking to share the passion that the teachers and members have for the organisation. You will have the ability to manage the finance function and the office and will have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Sage line 50.
- Line manager experience.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- AAT qualification or a recognised bookkeeping qualification would be preferred.
Salary and benefits
- £26,000 per annum.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this role then please send a copy of your updated CV by Friday 8th December at 9am (any applications submitted after this date may not be able to be considered). 1st stage interviews will be on Monday 11th December (evening) at the Robert Half Offices with 2nd stages on Thursday 14th December: you must be available on both of these days in order to be considered. Good luck!
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement