Commercial Services Manager
Location : Swindon
Post Date : 01 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06490-0009987364
Line of Business : Administration
Robert Half Office Team are currently working in partnership with Leading Resolutions, a business services / consultancy firm on the outskirts of Swindon, with highly ambitious IT growth plans over the next few years.
We are looking to recruit a progressive Commercial Services Manager who will be responsible for programme and project resourcing to a largely blue-chip, predominantly FTSE listed client base, through the provision of intelligent and considered consultancy solutions.
This role is based in our flagship office in Royal Wootton Bassett and is pivotal for the delivery of key business goals and objectives over the forthcoming year. The position will also give the successful individual exposure to senior level decision makers as well as working closely with the founders of the company.
The successful candidate will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that for every client assignment the correct selection of suitable IT professionals are recruited. For this you will need to understand an existing consultant database and wider talent pool, providing line management leadership, support and guidance to the resourcing team.
An understanding of IT terminology would be a distinct advantage but is by no means essential.
We are looking for an individual with strong commercial acumen who is grounded, business focused, competent with an outcome based approach and someone who is able to exercise clarity of thought and good judgement, even under pressure.
This individual will also be ethically minded and promote values of high customer service which are the foundations of our company culture.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Services Manager:
- Liaise with client executives to understand current and future client requirements to provide a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully undertake the assignment.
- Undertake searches in the internal talent pool to identify matches to the client requirements, and initiate external searches if necessary.
- Discuss the current assignments at a high level with individual consultants to establish their suitability and availability.
- Adapt consultant profiles for presentation to client, which draw upon the relevant skills required for each individual role
- Oversee the successful on boarding of new consultants to ensure they are fully equipped to be able to represent the Leading Resolutions brand and values.
- Maintain the eBoss talent pool database and resourcing spreadsheets to ensure the data maintains a high level of integrity and meets all Data Protection legislation.
- Providing Line Management to the resourcing team ensuring that they are developed, motivated, effective and engaged.
- Providing metrics and reports as required by the Head of Operations
- Developing and implementing processes to improve effectiveness or communication.
Skills required of the Commercial Services Manager:
- Proven experience of leading a team to successful outcomes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage a busy and time critical operation, ideally in a head office environment
- Delivery focused with high level of initiative and the ability to identify new opportunities and develop and improve the service offered. A natural completer finisher
- Resilient, hardy, upbeat and difficult to discourage with the ability to remain calm and collected whilst managing competing priorities
- Has gravitas and credibility with the ability to influence and is adept at influencing others to their point of view
- Able to exercise good judgement and is willing to make sound decisions without seeking approval even under pressure, handling problems with confidence
Salary & Benefits provided to the Commercial Services Manager:
This Commercial Services Manager position pays £34,000-£37,000 per annum depending on experience. Leading Resolutions also offers a 15% performance bonus paid quarterly and 25 days holiday. They also have free on site parking.
Leading Resolutions is working in partnership with Robert Half so if you are interested please get in touch with Antoinette Holmes.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon