GBP50000 - 55000 / annum
July 6, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working in partnership on a retained basis with Openwork to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their finance department, based at their headquarters in Swindon.
Openwork is the UK's largest network of financial advice businesses. The business launched in 2005, but they've been present in the UK financial advice market for more than 40 years. They provide services, expertise and support to around 3,700 advisers, based around the UK. This ranges from professional development, compliance services, supervision and quality control, IT, recruitment and marketing support.
The Openwork Group includes national IFA, 2plan Wealth Management, and a protection advice brand called Owl Financial. It also has an investment arm, Omnis Investments, which currently manages more than £7bn of customer money.
Openwork is majority-owned by the Openwork Partnership LLP, which represents member firms. Openwork's employees retain a minority shareholding via an employee benefit trust.
Through its charity Foundation, Openwork staff and advisers have raised over £19m for disadvantaged children and young adults. The funds raised are distributed in the form of charitable grants to national, local and overseas projects, through ZCT, the registered charity (266983).
The business has exciting and strategic growth plans over the next 10 years and subsequently need to further build the Finance infrastructure with progressive talent.
The Financial Accountant is a critical position within the finance department to act as a member of the Openwork Finance team, helping it to achieve its operational objectives and ensuring that it delivers a high quality and cost-effective service
Finance's deliverables are:
- Maintain accurate and timely Financial Records
- Maintain a strong control environment
- Support preparation of reports, budgets & forecasts and provide financial analysis
- Support the wider business in making right-minded, commercial decisions and in controlling costs
- Prepare Statutory Accounts, manage the relationship with the external auditors and report to the Audit Committee
- Prepare regulatory returns and tax computations, ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and regulations. Manage relationship with HMRC & FCA
- Manage the Group's cash flow, including investments, and provide relevant information to stakeholders
- Promote positive customer and supplier relationships
- Demonstrate flexibility by responding to internal customer requests in a positive and timely manner
- Act with responsibility, integrity and professional objectivity
This is a progressive role, which for the right individual could lead to being succession planned into FC/Head Of level within 5 years.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of HMRC & FCA reporting
- Experience of Financial Services
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics GP advantageous
- Experience of working in a financial accounting role within a large organisation preferable
- Experience of cash reconciliation useful
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Generous Car allowance
- 25 days holiday (option to purchase 5 more days through flex)
- 4 x DIS
- Critical Illness (company funded) at 1 x salary plus option to flex up
- Pension - employer contribution of 5% plus a further 5% matching
- IPP and sick pay
- Flexible Benefits Scheme (BUPA, dental, Child Care Vouchers, Cycle to work, Health Screening, Technology benefit, Car Leasing)
- Annual salary review
- Annual bonus (historically 10%)
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO ROBERT HALF. ROBERT HALF ARE ENGAGED ON A RETAINED AND EXCLUSIVE BASIS.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice