Location : Swindon
Post Date : 03 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 469267
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
£50K + Car + Bonus
This is one of the UKs most successful and established retailers. Celebrating their 225th anniversary, they're still breaking stereotypes and progressing year on year.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Qualified Financial Accountant to join the growing Finance Team based in Swindon, Wiltshire.
This is an exciting role with a high degree of autonomy, accountability and scope within an established retail brand.
Key Accountabilities for this role:
* Produce accurate and timely balance sheets and ensure all reconciliations are produced on a monthly basis.
* Provide accurate and timely budgets and forecasts for balance sheets and analyse balance sheet variances against budget and prior year.
* Deliver accurate and timely financial accounts for High Street, the Group and Year End.
* Resolve queries with the group auditors and ensure all key reconciliations are delivered in an accurate and timely manner* Ensure accurate preparation of statutory entity accounts post year end.
* Create accurate and timely monthly statutory cash flows for High Street and produce concise analysis against forecast and prior year.
* Support with Group cash reporting, analysis and interpretation and apply rigorous operational and mathematical checks to ensure budget and forecast accuracy.
* Monitor and challenge financial stock balances, shrink and stock provisions and provide stock shrink calculations.
* Support decision making and integration of new businesses from an accounting, systems and process perspective, ensuring all processes and controls are implemented to deliver accurate accounts.
Requirements for this role:
* Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
* Strong experience in financial accounting and accounting standards
* Ability to understand business dynamics, systems and processes along with the ability to holistically interpret, document and recommend improvements
* Ability to analyse, interpret and present complex data to influence business decisions
* Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with internal stakeholders in all business disciplines
*Strong commercial acumen
* Highly IT Literate with experience of financial accounting packages & Excel.
What's in it for you?
They're a company that values their people; from day one you will receive ongoing support and have access to the various training and development programmes as well as exciting career development opportunities for your future. They offer a wide range of benefits to say thank you for all your hard work including; a competitive salary, a profit related bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday plus your birthday off, pension, as well as other perks such as the popular holiday trading scheme.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport and provide 5 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon