Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
Location : Swindon
Post Date : 16 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 470045
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Financial Planning & Analysis
£45,000 + 15% Bonus + Bens
Group has undergone significant growth over the course of the last 2 years. Achieved by both acquisitions and organic growth, these numbers look continued to grow for the remainder of the financial year.
They are the largest group within their field in the UK and this is an exciting time to join the Company as the Group is part of a listed business and forms a significant part of their future strategy and growth plans.
Due to this rapid expansion a newly created position has arisen within the Finance team reporting to the Group FP&A and Reporting Manager. The role presents an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company.
As an entry level position for an ambitious qualified accountant, this will give the right candidate an excellent overview of the Group, together with the opportunity to re-engineer processes and enhance the calibre of the reporting.Forming a crucial part of the Finance department, the FP&A team leads the financial planning process across the business with high levels of exposure to the Board.
The team also provides financial stewardship to many key commercial expansion and change projects.
As a key member of the Finance team you will be the point of contact for the various Support Office functions as well as our colleagues across the group.
· Provide support with the periodic reporting process - including board and bank reporting.
· Assist with developing and executing the forecasting cycle for the Group including budget, reforecast and outturn.
· Working closely with the Treasury team to assist with cash flow modelling and forecasting.
· Develop robust, timely and insightful reporting for the finance leadership team, Exec team and Cost Centre owners on the performance of each cost centre.
· Own the Cost Centre review process with each Support Office function, including navigating each team to delivering on their financial commitments to the Group.
· Drive continuous improvement in the depth and quality of our reporting - ensuring that all our reports support insightful decision making.
· Ensure that there are robust controls in place for all Balance Sheet accounts and work with the Support Office Finance Team to ensure that all transactions have been recorded in accordance with the relevant accounting standard and Group accounting policy.
· Provide analysis and support to the FP&A and Reporting Manager in various ad hoc projects as required.
· Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
· Previous experience of delivering management information to tight deadlines and managing change
· A natural communicator at all levels
· Will have advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Experience with Excel modelling would be beneficial
· Will be looking to join a dynamic team in a fast moving and fast growing organisation with a strong desire to learn and progress
· Excellent communication skills are essential along with great people skills and a desire to work as part of a team
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon