GBP28000 - 33000 / annum
February 23, 2018
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum.
Robert Half Office Team are currently recruiting for a Fraud Analyst to work with a Travel company in Swindon.
Main Responsibilities of the Fraud Analyst:
- Monitoring, data analysis and reporting:
- Undertaking daily/weekly/monthly analytics of booking and other transactional activities undertaken on the reservation systems to identify unusual activities;
- Developing reporting that facilitates the proactive ability to trend, theme and undertake detailed analysis to identify unusual transactional activities that may be in breach of contractual agreements and/or possible fraudulent behaviours;
- Assess financial impact on issues identified, and work with other teams to assist them in ensuring adjustments and the recovery of commission and agent incentive payments, that should not have been made, is undertaken where appropriate; and
- Support the monthly reporting process on activities undertaken within the team.
- Investigate incidents of reported suspected fraud/abuse, identifying the impact, cause and the solutions to preventing such events occurring again. Agreeing with business owners required actions to address issues identified;
- Outputs from monitoring activities, where unusual activity is identified, investigate to understand cause and impact and then progress investigations through to resolution with the business owners;
- Liaise with airlines and internal customer support teams with identified fraud related issues or reported to the team, and work with billing teams on any related claims;
- Customer liaison:
- To build strong relationships with both internal and external customers, gaining their trust and cooperation in the investigations we undertake;
- To communicate with both internal and external customers (airlines) to ensure their experience is fast, effective informative and conclusive; and
- To provide advice and insights (where applicable) to both internal and external customers on possible abuse/fraudulent agent activity; and
- To work closely with the Revenue Assurance experts to share knowledge and insights on revenue and incentive impacting incidents.
Skills needed for the Fraud Analyst:
- Educated preferably to degree level
- Strong working knowledge of revenue and payments generating processes, with the ability to think logically and understand risk and control gaps within a process;
- Ability to work using own initiative, tenacious, inquisitive and can work under pressure to deadlines;
- Able to work across functional teams, working on multiple and complex issues simultaneously;
- Experience of working in a team environment;
- Familiarity of working with complex systems across a global footprint;
- Proficiency in database query / programming languages such as SQL, Visual Basic;
- Excellent data analysis and data manipulation skills using tools such as Excel, Access
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word;
- Experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Fraud Analysis
- Internal Audit
- Revenue Assurance
- Ability to communicate complex information simply; and
- The following are not essential, but are a plus:
- Travel industry experience in a complex international business environment
- Previous experience using Galileo, Apollo or Worldspan or other GDSs either directly or as a supplier or in travel operations
Salary and Benefits of the Fraud Analyst role:
- The salary range is between £28,000-£33,000 per annum plus benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please give Alfie Holloway a call on 01793 57190 for more information.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement