£36,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
17th April 2019
Robert Half Technology are currently recruiting for a PMO to join a public sector client of ours in Swindon. This role reports to the Portfolio Manager and together this team is responsible for the co-ordination of effective and efficient operation of the client's Portfolio (the company-wide suite of programmes and projects). The Portfolio Officer has responsibility for developing and maintaining the standards and methodologies used in delivering projects and programmes.
Main Responsibilities of the PMO:
- Develop and promote consistent practices and standards for the full end-to-end lifecycle of change
- Ensure adherence to programme and project governance arrangements and enable effective assurance and quality control.
- Establish and maintain a risk, assumptions, issues, dependencies (RAID) log for the Portfolio and roadmap, identifying and escalating concerns.
- Contribute to capacity planning for the strategic roadmap through the intelligent use of capacity planning and time recording tools, as well as inputs provided from delivery teams
- Monitor and update spend against portfolio budgets and strategic commitments
- Assist in the set-up of and preparation for audits, health checks and Gateway processes across the Portfolio.
- Build and maintain a knowledge library/repository for capturing portfolio trend data and all information relating to portfolio governance boards.
** The Portfolio team are currently looking at a digital solution to manage some of these tasks. The responsibilities and activities of the post holder may therefore need to flex when the digital system is brought online
Key skills required of the PMO:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Visio.
- Excellent customer care and relationship management skills.
- Well-developed communications and inter-personal skills that build trust, confidence and collaborative relationships.
- Well-developed analytical skills that contribute effectively to issue prioritisation and problem solving.
- Effective time management skills to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workloads and to manage expectations.
- Articulate and excellent presentation skills - written and verbal.
- Experience delivering within an Agile environment
- PRINCE2 foundation or practitioner level
- ERP or complex systems experience
Salary and benefits on offer to the PMO include:
This role is paying around £36,000 per annum dependant on experience. Benefits include 25% pension, flexible working hours, 28 days holiday with bank holidays on top.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,
The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon
gb 01793 571900