GBP40000 - 45000 / annum
March 16, 2018
Robert Half is working in exclusive partnership with DW Support Services to assist with their continuing growth by securing a key team member into this newly created Accountant role to be based in Thame, Oxfordshire. The position will be that of an Accountant and will provide the opportunity to work closely with the Financial Controller, supporting and taking ownership of key responsibilities in a hands on capacity.
If you are looking for development in an autonomous role that will allow you to grow the skills developed in areas of both Financial Accounting and Management Accounting whilst gaining continued exposure to the commercial areas of the finance function and DW Support Services business then please get in touch.
The salary will be between £40,000 and £45,000 per annum with 5% matched contributions for pension and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
WHO ARE DW SUPPORT SERVICES?
DWSS is a long term partner of the UK private and public property maintenance sector and has traded for over 30 years. Acquired by the Fastflow Group in 2014, DWSS now belongs to a Group which specialises in providing strategic customers with sustainable, customer centric, front line services.
A client base composed of Housing Associations, Local Authorities, Government Agencies, Management Companies, Schools, Universities, NHS Trusts and an ever increasing variety of customers with a continually expanding scope of services including:
- Term Maintenance Contracts
- Responsive Repairs & Void Works
- Building Refurbishment & Renovations
- Cyclical Redecorations & Repairs
- Energy Saving Solutions
The Organisation's recent unprecedented growth is testament to the continued commitment, support and skill set of its staff members - both operational and administrative alike. As a result, operations now extend to Reading, in addition to the existing offices in London and Oxford.
This is a newly created role to support the Financial Controller in providing financial support and analysis to the business with key roles including:
- Maintain the balance sheet with full monthly reconciliations
- Take responsibility for accruals, prepayments and month end adjustments.
- Act as a first point of contact for Purchase Ledger & Sub Contractor queries and issues
- Liaise with the Commercial team to ensure accurate informative data is maintained.
- Produce analysis and reports to support Contract Managers and their Commercial Leads in making the necessary decisions to run their contracts.
- Help drive forward developments on the finance system to improve processing, ensure better information and give more prompt reports.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller when needed
- Working with Operational and Commercial teams on levels of accruals and prepayments
SOUNDS GREAT, DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to work in a dynamic environment and be part of a team who want to deliver to the highest standards.
What skills do I need?
- Finalist or Qualified Accountant through ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Enthusiasm to work in a busy, growing commercial business
- Desire to progress within the role and take on additional responsibilities
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement