Purchase Ledger Supervisor
GBP25000 - 28000 / annum
July 5, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is working in exclusive partnership with DW Support Services to assist with their continuing growth by securing a key team member within their Accounts Payable team. The position will be that of a Purchase Ledger Supervisor and will provide the opportunity to work closely with the Financial Controller and take ownership of the Accounts Payable function including the supervision of two Purchase Ledger Clerks.
The salary will be between £25,000 and £28,000 per annum plus benefits, including study support for the right candidate.
WHO ARE DW SUPPORT SERVICES?
DWSS is a long term partner of the UK private and public property maintenance sector and has traded for over 30 years. Acquired by the Fastflow Group in 2014, DWSS now belongs to a Group which specialises in providing strategic customers with sustainable, customer centric, front line services.
A client base composed of Housing Associations, Local Authorities, Government Agencies, Management Companies, Schools, Universities, NHS Trusts and an ever increasing variety of customers with a continually expanding scope of services including:
- Term Maintenance Contracts
- Responsive Repairs & Void Works
- Building Refurbishment & Renovations
- Cyclical Redecorations & Repairs
- Energy Saving Solutions
The Organisation's recent unprecedented growth is testament to the continued commitment, support and skill set of its staff members - both operational and administrative alike. As a result, operations now extend to Reading, in addition to the existing offices in London and Oxford.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on Purchase Ledger Supervisor with extensive experience and strong leadership skills to effectively take charge of the day-to-day running of the Accounts Payable function.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the Accounts Payable function and assist with the processing of a high volume of invoices
- Act as a first point of contact for Purchase Ledger & Sub Contractor queries and issues
- Take responsibility for approving expense claims and payment runs
- Develop excellent relationships with suppliers, contractors and site managers
- Identify areas for streamlining and improving processes to enhance productivity and efficiency
SOUNDS GREAT, DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
What skills do I need?
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to work in a dynamic environment and be part of a leadership team who want to deliver to the highest standards.
- Significant accounts payable experience, ideally within a high-volume environment
- Previous supervisory experience within an accounts payable function is preferable, however those who can evidence strong leadership skills will also be considered
- CIS experience is highly desirable
- Intermediate Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-look ups
Please note, all third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice