£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 / annum
12th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half, Finance & Accounting is pleased to be partnering with a market leader in the fast moving consumable goods sector. Their brand is world renowned, well established and has an excellent reputation for developing talent.
Data Analyst / Northamptonshire / £30,000 - £35,000.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for conducting data analysis to improve procurement operations, increase efficiency and reduce costs in the organisation.
- Procurement reporting on spend vs budget in each category, by site, flushing out opportunity areas from identified discrepancies
- Issue a monthly Procurement update to the wider business showing savings, cost increases and cost avoidance with commentary to support.
- Issue a monthly inflation report to all site accountants showing inflationary activity in packaging and ingredients and energy.
- Present financial reports in bi-weekly Procurement meeting, with associated recommendations on cost management opportunities
- Analyse and report on the financial impact of price movements, by category and site. Work closely with the Procurement team to identify cost optimisation project opportunities and challenge proposed savings for robustness and validity.
- Set up and maintain database and reports showing savings, increases and cost avoidances delivered or incurred, by category. Summarise for the bi-weekly Procurement meeting
- Work closely with sites across the group to set up a wastage reports that will be reviewed with Procurement to identify cost optimisation projects
- Set up and maintain a contract database for the business. Ensure all our leasing and contractual commitments are managed and monitor these for renewal opportunities.
- Purchasing card spend analysis
- Forecast upcoming market inflation by category and value the impact on the business
- Support in the preparation and maintenance of a wage inflation tracker
The Data Analyst will have;
- Strong commercial reporting skills ideally from within a large, dynamic, multi-site business.
- Have strong data interrogation, analysis and reporting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- It would be desirable if the candidate had an understanding of manufacturing.
- AAT qualified and studying towards a professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA) would be beneficical
The Organisation is an employer of choice with national preence. They encourage ideas and invest in people. They also offer excellent benefits and a value work life balance.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Data Analyst is paying between £30,000 - £45,000, plus study support (if required).
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420