GBP12 - 18 / hour
6th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
3 Month Financial Accountant contract based in Salford Quays
- Month-end coordination and group reporting for European entities
- Analytical review below gross margin for European entities
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of the balance sheet reconciliations associated with the work you undertake.
- Ensuring that a "pro-active" approach is taken to the cleanliness of all balance sheet and other accounts within the wider team.
- Support of the VAT Manager, providing another point of contact to the business, and back-up for the preparation of returns and on-going compliance.
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for multiple entities (both UK and overseas) liaising with all parties to obtain all relevant information.
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisors regarding the above statutory accounts.
- Supervisory role in preparation of all European payrolls, performing review and approval of data, and providing cover to the team when required.
- Assistance with annual Budgets and interim reforecasts, coordinating with other finance team members; to include management of this process ensuring required timescales and deadlines are communicated internally and adhered to.
- Perform an Internal Audit function on judgemental/ complex balance sheet areas as and when required e.g. customer rebates, stock valuations.
- Assist with the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of the Financial Reporting software system from a Finance perspective.
- Where necessary, producing, implementing and updating Financial control policies and procedures.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
- Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them.
- Provide day-to-day assistance to staff on system and finance queries.
- Ideal candidates will be part qualified either ACA, ACCA or CIMA as well as being confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- Teamwork is essential in this role, as you need to ensure colleagues across a number of sites and time zones hit required deadlines, therefore you must be team orientated and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times.
- Previous experience in a fast moving finance environment is essential.
- The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills.
- Effective organisational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines
Our client is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise arena and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Our reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction is second to none and our impressive client list includes Google, Michelin, Estée Lauder, Exxon Mobil, L'Oreal and JCB to name a few. With annual sales in excess of £85 million Brand Addition employs over 300 people globally across Manchester, London, Germany, Ireland, Turkey, Hong Kong, Shanghai and USA.
Salary & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100