£20,000.00 - £25,000.00 / annum
8th November 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is currently working exclusively with a fantastic business looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant.
This is a great role for someone with an interest in transactional finance and who is happy to support the wider back office function. Great team environment and looking for someone not afraid to get involved in the office banter!
The role of accounts assistant will include:
- Accounts payable: invoice processing, payments, reconciliations, petty cash and expenses
- Accounts receivable: credit control, statements, sales invoicing, internal recharges, direct debit collections
- Assist in quarterly VAT submission
- Payroll preparation (no previous experience necessary but willingness to learn)
- Ad hoc admin duties: assisting with visitors, meetings where necessary, answering phones when team unavailable
- Bank reconciliations
- Month end procedures
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts
This is very much an all around accounts role and no two days will be the same! Great for a candidate who likes variety in their week.
This is a really great role for the ideal candidate. The business operates a lean back office finance function and so candidates who are happy to support the wider team and help with hoc admin tasks is essential.
My client is looking for candidates who are:
- Methodical and analytical
- Has good attention to detail
- Must have an investigative nature
- Proactive and willingness to develop
- A candidate who has experience in putting in processes and procedures would be ideal but not essential
- My client is looking to support this candidate in their personal development
- Must be happy working in a busy office but can also be standalone on a Friday
My client has recently gone through a period of restructure and are now looking to add an additional head in the finance team.
Salary & Benefits
This is a permanent position, salary on offer £20-25k based on experience. There is flexi time on offer where the office is open 7am-6pm and core hours of 9.30-4.30pm.
For every calendar year worked with the business you also unlock an extra day of holiday!
I would strongly advise candidates drive to work, there is free parking on site and limited public transport access.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100